HashedIn by Deloitte is a born in the cloud , high-end software engineering and product development company. We develop market-leading solutions by leveraging cloud-native technologies , AI capabilities , and a pod-based delivery model.
We have successfully served more than 100 customers since our inception across industries and continents and helped them launch new products faster , disrupt industries , and streamline and scale operations. We are 2000+ Hashers strong and have been certified as a “Great Place To Work” multiple times. We take pride in having a work culture that gives our people the freedom to experiment and learn , while having fun.
Skills & Requirements
- Good knowledge of a web framework, preferably Python Flask or similar.
- Experience in cloud-based CI/CD service offerings from cloud service providers, preferably AWS – CodeBuild, CodePipeline.
- Experience with various other AWS services like EC2, S3, Lambda, Step Functions, Glue, SNS, SQS, Secret Manager, etc.
- Strong understanding of basics of SQL – reading and writing SQL queries, basic understanding of database interaction tools (like pgAdmin), SQL, columnar databases, and database optimization techniques including indexing, etc. Also, good to have knowledge on AWS Aurora.
- Experience with Big Data frameworks like Hadoop and Spark is a plus.
- Good knowledge of API development and testing – including but not limited to HTTP, RESTful services, Postman, and allied cloud-based services like API Gateway.
- Strong coding/debugging/problem-solving abilities and should have good knowledge of Python. Good to have experience with pip, setuptools, etc.
- Should have an eye for architecture. Candidates should understand the trade-off between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and an applied level.
- Technical background in data with a deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition, ingestion and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required
- Quality delivery is the highest priority. Should know about industry best practices and standards in building and delivering performant and scalable APIs
- Must have delivered a complex project. Should have completely/partially owned delivery of projects catering to processing user request, querying data on huge datasets, serializing and returning responses in an optimized and efficient manner.
- Possesses demonstrated expertise in team management as well as working as an individual contributor.
- Works at the intersection of infrastructure and software engineering by designing and deploying data and pipeline management frameworks built on top of open-source components, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka streaming, Tableau, Airflow, and other cloud-based data engineering services like S3, Redshift, Athena, Kinesis, etc.
- Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain the most innovative, reliable, secure, and cost-effective distributed solutions
- Design and develop the backend for efficient CRUD operation on data that can span more than a million records and growing.
- Deliver the most complex and valuable components of an application on time and to the specifications
- Plays the role of a leader or individual Contributor who influences a sizable portion of an account or small project in its entirety, demonstrating an understanding of and consistently incorporates practical value with theoretical knowledge to make balanced technical decisions
- Recognizes requirements inconsistencies, accurately schedules, and track progress providing visibility and proactively alerts the team and reporting authority on the same
- Excellent work breakdown and estimation. Writes clear and concise specifications for outsourced work, creates a work breakdown structure that uses existing services to deliver a functional implementation, and supports the development team with significant product decisions; seen as a major contributor to architecture, feature set, etc., of product releases
- Actively participates in customer communication, presentations, and handling critical issues
- Leads assigned client and company resources in performing their roles on time and within budget
- This role would be an individual contributor who is a role model for the application of team software development process and deployment process, also contributes to best practices and methodologies for the greater team